Monday, December 24, 2012

When I was 13 years old I started singing.  I knew it was a calling of God, but did not think it was such an important calling compared to preaching, teaching... etc   but none the less I said "God u gave me my voice.. you can help me learn to sing for you"  God took my voice, added His anointing.. and added the ability to play guitar... again I said to the Lord, "You created my mind and I know you will help me learn to play for you"  God took my hands and poured his anointing for me to play the guitar.... then God began to open doors for me to minister...   at first I ministered with my own ability.... relying on my own talent, not giving God the credit for His anointing on my life... I became pridefull, thinking myself to be just a little more special than other's who were "not" in ministry.  

One day as I was lying in the hospital after spinal surgery to correct severe scholiosis.  God spoke to me and said.. "When you are real thirsty, and you come into your kitchen and get a glass from the cabinet, do you say to yourself.. "I am no longer thirsty?    I said.. no, not till I drink the water..  God said... "YOU are the glass... "I" am the WATER....   that message changed me forever and changed my ministry in music.

It is God who flows through us and it is His spirit that touches hearts and lives.  We are but vessels.. HE IS THE WATER that flows to a dry and thirsty land.   No matter what your ministry is.. whether it is up on stage in front of every one, or in a place where no one sees what you are doing.. HOLD It HOLY... in your heart, in your attitude

Here you will find songs I've written and how they came a bout.  I will try to post lyrics and  chords with each post.  some songs are not my original songs, but are songs that I sing when I minister

No comments:

Post a Comment